Thursday 3 November 2011

LIIAR Analysis of my Final Product

Language:

Front Cover:

On the front cover of my magazine I have used different font sizes and colours so that it will be more exciting and less boring as it will be colourful. I have used the same colour for my masthead that of the 'Wyke' sign to show continuity and because it is my chosen colour scheme. I have used the colours green and black to make the articles clear to read and more exciting and chosen to have a plain white background to connote the simplicity of college and college life. I have made my masthead big and bold so that the readers will recognise the name and remember it easily, I have placed it put at the top so that it will be dominant towards the other articles so the readers wont get confused. I have included the Wyke logo so that the reader will know which college it belongs to and advertise the magazine. My main image is a MCU of a student at Wyke college, the image is clear and makes eye contact with the camera which shows that the college and its students are friendly. I have included other images which link to the articles to give the reader a taster of what they will be about and include. I have also included a barcode to show that the college is a respectable magazine as all the main magazines have a barcode on them.

Contents Page:

The contents page that I have posted is a mock up of what it could look like. I have used the same font but changed the size to show which are the most important and exciting. I haven't used a main image for my contents page but included smaller images to link with the articles. Also I've included page numbers so that the reader will be able to find the articles quickly and easily. Improvements I could make on this would be to use more images and have a main image.

Institution

I made the collage magazine and I am a student at the college so it was easy for me to make articles that were exciting and interesting. Being a student at the college is easy to include articles that are relevant to the students and college year but also appeal to them.

Ideology

The purpose of my magazine is to show that the college is a friendly and exciting place to study and also that education is also a vital part of the college and that it is expecting excellent grades; to make sure that they get the excellent grades the magazine will promote help and study session times to give the students more help. To make the college life more exciting the magazine will promote the fun side by giving information such as dates to Wyke parties.

Audience

My audience will be students of Wyke college as the information will be central and relevant to them, but other students from different colleges may buy the magazine if they feel a certain article relevant to them.

Representation

I want my magazine to represent the college in a positive way so that if an outsider were to see the magazine I would want them to want to go to the college from what they see in the magazine. If the magazine represented them in a negative way then my target audience wouldn't buy the magazine and may complain which may result in the magazine getting removed from production. Also I wanted to show that the college as a hard working college but also that it is a fun and exciting college with pictures of students looking like they are enjoying themselves included in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment